Volunteer at Stars & Stripes
Want to be a part of Southlake Stars and Stripes 2022? Volunteering is the perfect way to join the fun! Stars and Stripes volunteers must be at least 15 years of age. Details are below.
Southlake Town Square, 1400 Main Street, Southlake, TX 76092
Sunday, July 3, 2022
- 2:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- 6:30 – 11:30 p.m.
- 2:30 – 11:30 p.m.
Volunteers will be assigned to assist with one of the following areas and/or tasks:
- Event set up and break down
- Kids’ Corner activities for children
- Shuttle line management
- Event sanitization (i.e., wiping down tables, chairs, etc.)
- Trash pickup
- Information Booth – handing out free T-Shirts and answering frequently asked questions
- Visit Southlake Booth – handing out free color-changing cups and answering frequently asked questions
- Other assignments as needed
Volunteers are required to attend a mandatory orientation on Thursday, June 30, 6:30 – 8 p.m. at Champions Club at The Marq located at 285 Shady Oaks Drive, Southlake, TX 76902. During the meetings, volunteers will receive assignments and training.
- Volunteers will receive an event t-shirt at the mandatory orientation.
- Volunteers seeking service hours for school will receive double hours for this event.
- Pizza and snacks will be provided to volunteers at the event along with adequate breaks.
Safety Information and Tips
- Volunteers are required to wear safety during the entire event. Safety vests will be provided by the Volunteer Manager on the day of the event.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring a backpack with sunscreen, lip balm, a hat, and water.
Clothing: Volunteers must dress appropriately. We recommend volunteers wear the city-issued event T-Shirt (see below), jeans, and sneakers. Volunteers are representing the City of Southlake; therefore, short-shorts, sagging, ripped clothes, offensive content, and open-toed shoes are not permitted. Volunteers will be sent home without service hours if not dressed appropriately.
Cell Phones: Cell phone usage is prohibited during service. This is to ensure a safe and engaging environment for our event attendees. Please notify a staff member if there is an emergency or if you need to step away. Staff will give volunteer one warning then will ask the volunteer to leave the event without receiving service hours.
We understand that plans change; however, please give a two week notice if you are unable to volunteer. If a volunteer cancels within two weeks of the event, the Volunteer Coordinator will make note on the volunteer’s account for future events. The success of the event depends on the volunteers present!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Southlake Stars and Stripes 2022! We appreciate your willingness to participate.